St David’s Home is exactly that – a home – and that’s the way we wish our residents to treat it. We take great pride in providing residents with stimulating and fun activities. We support our residents’ desire to retain their independence and appreciate that now is a time when they can really enjoy old hobbies, pass on tips to others and even pursue new hobbies, should they so wish. St. David’s Home is unique in having a full-time activities staff who are able to provide a full programme of planned events Monday to Friday.
Our full programme of events include the following:
- Wheelchair exercises
- Inter-active reading
- Bingo and other board games
- Professional entertainment (For example, Music in Hospitals);
- Flower arranging
- Seasonal engagements such as barbecues, planting spring bulbs, making Christmas cards
- Participating with residents to celebrate important occasions, such as, Royal events, the World Cup, the Olympics etc.
- We embrace those special times of year, such as Easter, St David’s Day, Remembrance Day and Christmas!
St David’s Day Care Centre provides respite for care givers within the community. The programme of events offered to the residents who permanently reside at the Home, is also extended to those who visit on a daily or weekly basis.
The day care service includes assistance with personal care, such as bathing/hairdressing and provides support for those who continue to live within the community.